Thursday, September 19, 2024

Lady Gaga tells why she never clarifies the rumours that claimed she was a man

Lady Gaga tells that she never clarifies the rumours that claimed she was a man because she didn't feel like a victim.

Gossip about her gender was circulating after the release of her album "The Fame" in 2008.

Lady Gaga recalled, "When I was in my early 20s there was a rumour that I was a man. I went all over the world. I travelled for tours and for promoting my records and almost every interview I sat in they said... there was this imagery on the Internet that had been doctored... they'd say, 'There's rumours that you're a man. What do you have to say about that?'".

"The reason why I didn't answer the question is because I didn't feel like a victim with that lie and I thought: 'What about a kid who is being accused of that who would think that a public figure like me would feel shame?".

"I've been in situations where fixing a rumour was not in the best interest of the wellbeing of other people. In that case, I tried to be thought provoking and disruptive in another way. I tried to use the misinformation to create another disruptive point."

Then she added that she already get used to the rumours.

"I've been used to lies being printed about me since I was 20 years old. I'm a performer. I think it's kind of funny".



No comments:

Post a Comment