Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lady Gaga's dad helped overcome hard drugs

Image Hosting

Lady Gaga was on The View on Monday morning as co-host and performer. She sat next to Joy Behar and Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

One of the topic was about Amy Winehouse’s death that leads Barbara Walters to quote about Lady Gaga's past addictions.

She said about Winehouse's death, “I’m just so devastated and so sad.I really couldn’t speak for…48 hours straight. I was in such shock.”

“The most unfortunate thing about it all is the way that the media spins things, like we can learn things from Amy’s death. I don’t feel that Amy needed to learn any lessons. I felt that the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar.”

Then she continues “Everyone was so hard on her, and everything I knew about her is that she was the most lovely, and nice, and kind woman."

About her own past addiction, she said, "I did hard drugs. I was so embarrassed. My dad sort of called me out about it one day. I don’t do any hard drugs anymore, [but] I am a little part of the green club."

“My dad was like, ‘I know what you’re doing. Just so you know, I did it, and I lost every friend, and everything I ever had while I did it. He shared with me his life story and his struggle, so that was what ultimately changed my life.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment